Happy Friday! Has anyone else found this week to be exceptionally long? It hasn’t dragged, I haven’t been staring at the clock but this week has been LONG.
I’ve had happy hours with friends (including Liz who just moved to Colorado!), busy days at work and on Wednesday my little brother, who has been in Fiji for the past two years and three months, arrived with 24 hours notice after midnight. I haven’t even talked to him in over a year so it’s nice to catch up. He’s out here searching for a new car, so if you are in CO and know someone selling their car, let me know. I’m planning on taking him up to rocky mountain national park on Saturday or Sunday (and am also hoping to go to a craft fair in Denver Saturday as well!). Have to maximize my time since he will be crawling into a hole known as the Upper Peninsula of Michigan for grad school.
This week was full of gems on the internet and inspirational ones at that. Here are some of my favorites, just in case you missed them.
• “…we all try to be busy instead of alive, be busy instead of getting out and breathing…” Amazing article that everyone must read called Breathe, avoid McDonald’s.
• I love Jenna Marbles’ videos. My friend Pearl sent me her drunk makeup tutorial and I. Am. Dying.
• Denver Beer Company and the Natural History Museum are hosting Science on Tap, where you can learn about the brewing process with a scientist. Not sure if I’m going yet but it sounds really interesting!
• A group called the Save Lars Project is working to save Luke Skywalker’s home in Tunisia where there are scatterings of George Lucas’ sets from Star Wars.
• On Wednesday I wrote about how my blog has become a virtual stranger. Ashley from Writing to Reach You wrote about writing publicly on Joey’s blog. I’m glad I’m not the only one struggling with not being anonymous.
• This post on Stratejoy by Rachel was like a page out of my own life story. Raw, honest post and made me wonder why I, too, always take the lesser cut, leaving the best for other people and why I feel I don’t deserve the best.
Much love and gratitude for all your supportive and thought provoking comments on yesterdays post on taking myself off the market. I have the best little community.
Have a great weekend! Anything I should be reading/watching/hearing?