Today I’m participating in Wine and Love, where we review our week and say what we loved and what caused us to reach for our wine glasses. If you’d like to join us, you can link up through Suki, of Super Duper Fantastic! (who is staying with me this week!)
What has me reaching for my wine glass…
• My car. I took it in on Tuesday to get a few things fixed, mainly my AC and rear brakes, and I knew it was going to cost me a bit but it had to get done. They called with the news that my battery needed replacing and told me the initial estimate, $700. Ouch. But ok, it’s manageable. Two hours later I get another call. Bad news. Your AC was not fixed with the initial…fixing thingy. It turns out you have a hole in your condenser. The price will now be…wait for it…$1,200. Oh, it hurts. I considered just saying screw it to the AC. I did that last summer and survived. But then I thought of the hour and a half I spent sitting in traffic in 97 degree heat on Friday (and it’s only June) and immediately knew I had to suck it up and just deal with it. Turns out my car had been in an accident before I bought it and the bumper went straight through the condenser. @&$*#~$@ I miss the days of not having a car. Or any responsibilities. BEING AN ADULT SUCKS.
• Driver’s licenses. I have been battling the Colorado DMV for a couple years now. In may my NY license expired and while I didn’t have problems with it in May, June hit and suddenly I was being denied at liquor stores and bars. So I started fighting harder against the DMV. A post is coming soon but because it’s Take Ashley’s Money week, I had to shell out $50 bucks to get a new birth certificate. That is the most fake looking document I’ve ever seen. But whatever because there is a happy ending (FINALLY) to this.
• Tuesday sucked. And not just because of my car.
• Over the past week a wildfire started up near Fort Collins that’s a nasty bitch. 50k+ acres and hundreds of families affected. I remember very well the fire we had in Boulder when I first moved here and my thoughts are definitely with everyone affected by the High Park Fire.
Things I am loving…
• I GOT MY CO LICENSE! They see me as a legal citizen now!
• TBEX, the Travel Blogging Exchange, unofficially kicked off last night with a brew crawl around Denver. We took a tour of Great Divide’s brewery, drank delicious agave wheat from Breckenridge Brewery and I discovered how much I like Graham Cracker Porter at the Denver Beer Company. Tonight is a party at Wynkoop and then at noon tomorrow I take off for a weekend in Keystone. I wrote about my nerves on my travel blog. Aside from nerves, I’m so excited!
• Suki arrived last night! I haven’t had a chance to really talk to her but we will be hitting up the conference all weekend, having my first 14er adventure up Mt. Evans (in a car shhh) and having a double date at a really old inn in a mountain mining town. someone get the energy drinks ready, I’m exhausted already!
• I’m in love with my new blog business cards. Haven’t seen them yet? Want to see them again? OK you don’t have to pull my leg that hard.
• It’s been ridiculously hot so this weekend in the mountains is going to be very welcome. Remind me of this when I’m bitching about how cold it is.
What are your w(h)ines and loves this week?