The second week of 2012 has been a productive one. Currently I am…
- Goal setting like a mad-woman, thanks to Nicole’s awesomely fantastic goal setting worksheet. One of my goals is to be more consistent with blogging, more involved in the community and to not let my writer’s block get the best of me. If you haven’t noticed, I’ve been blogging more here. I’m hoping I can keep it up!
- I also just submitted my first post for 12 Changes, 12 Months (it’s not up yet). Don’t know what 12 Changes, 12 Months is? Well it’s Katherine and Stephany’s brain child where you commit to 12 changes that you wish to make this year and set to achieve one each month over the course of the year. So much better and easier to swallow than all these resolutions at once. Of course, combined with all these goal setting things, I’m amazing my head hasn’t exploded. Instead, I’m motivated AND READY TO ROLL.
- I am reading Tune in Tokyo, a book by Tim Anderson about escaping his stagnant life for one in Tokyo teaching English. It’s hilarious so far and it’s making me so excited to go overseas and putting far too many ideas into my head about moving overseas. My life was pretty stagnant last year and my desire to shake things up a bit runs me into dangerous territory where I could pick up and move at a moments notice, especially when reading about someone who did.
- I watched my first episode of Downton Abbey once I discovered that with my measly little antenna I actually can get PBS and am hooked. I’m making my mother send me the first season ASAP so I can catch up and then watch along with the rest of you. I love period drama.
- I have been to Oak twice in the past week. Oak is a new restaurant in town (which initially burned down after opening the first time) and I LOVE it. Mainly, the fried pickles which are the best I’ve ever had and if you need more reasons to come visit me, these should be one of them.
- I really could care less about football but the Broncos? Tim Tebow? Oh let me just hop on that bandwagon and say that last weeks game was AWESOME and that I’m totally hitting the bars this weekend for their playoff game against the patriots. I don’t really care for Tebow but the boy can play and it’s fucking ENTERTAINING. So yeah, Go Broncos!
- Colorado’s winter has been pretty schizophrenic. Last week it was 70 degrees, two days later snowing. This week boasted a lovely 55 degree day yesterday and today? Guess what? SNOWING and super cold. I love that it gets warm out but it’s such a tease.
- And now for the big announcement…I have been hard at work on a new project that has been in the works for two years and then finally was brought to fruition last month and launched…TODAY!
I want to welcome all my readers to my latest blogging adventure: The WanderScapes. I think it’s well known that I love travel, to the point of ridiculousness. You also know I have BIG PLANS this year for travel and adventure (another one of those 2012 goals), so I thought this would be the perfect year to finallyyyyyyy get around to putting up the travel blog I’ve always dreamed of having.
And now my head explodes from all the nerves about actually putting it up.
So please go visit and let me know what you’d like to see from it!